Park and Recreation Director
The Town of Raynham seeks a Parks and Recreation Director for administrative and supervisory responsibilities, as well as the scheduling and oversight of all town-owned recreational facilities and parks. The Director will oversee all programming including summer programs, youth sports, youth and adult enrichment, and special events. The Director will also oversee the Before and After School child care program, which is licensed through the MA Dept. of Early Education and Care (EEC). This is a 40-hr per week position with some evening and weekend hours as required.
Candidates should possess excellent verbal and written communication, supervisory and organizational skills, in addition to computer proficiency. Minimum qualification requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Parks Management, Physical Education or a related field.
- Certifications as a Parks & Recreation Professional preferred
- 5 year’s field experience, including 3 years in a supervisory position, preferably in a municipal setting.
- Knowledge and experience with facility and field maintenance
- Experience with Massachusetts Department of Early Education School Age licensing regulations, administrative and hands-on experience working with children in grades K-8.
- Skills in budgeting and fiscal management in a municipal setting
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts Class D driver’s license
Please forward a resume and cover letter to: Parks and Recreation Commission Chairman, Raynham Parks and recreation Department, 2254 King Philip Street, Raynham, MA
Deadline for submittals: April 28, 2017