The Raynham Planning Board held~its regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, March 17, 2016, at Raynham Veterans' Memorial Town Hall.~ The meeting was opened at 6:05 p.m. by Chairman Daniel Andrade.
Board members present: Daniel Andrade, Burke Fountain, Russell Driscoll, John Teixeira
Board members not present: Christopher Gallagher
Staff present: Maureen McKenney, Administrative Assistant
6:05 p.m. - Whippoorwill Estates: Keith McLaughlin, Brockton, MA, was present to discuss release of lots on Cardinal Circle.~ Mr. McLaughlin explained that his family purchased part of Phase V and all of Phase VI at Whippoorwill Estates.~ Underground work and the binder coat at Phase VI are now done so they are ready to apply for building permits.~ Mr. Fountain asked if there are other lots in addition to those being released tonight.~ Mr. McLaughlin said this will be the end of the development when this phase is completed.
Mr. Andrade noted he saw the development today.~ He discussed the need for a fence at the detention basin and asked Mr. McLaughlin if he is putting a fence at the basin before occupancy permits are issued.~~Mr. McLaughlin noted Phases 1 through IV have been accepted by the Town, but he is responsible for the fence in his phase of the development. Mr. McLaughlin said he had not planned on putting in the fence now, but he will if required.
Mr. Andrade suggested the Certificate of Action and the Order of Conditions be checked.~ He noted there is a safety issue with children.~ Mr. McLaughlin asked if he can do the fence within four months of permits being issued.~ After discussion, the Board agreed the fence should be in place prior to occupancy permits being issued; Mr. McLaughlin agreed.~ Mr. Andrade told Mr. McLaughlin he is doing a good job on his phase of the subdivision.
Mr. McLaughlin submitted a Form J for release of Lots 47 through 58 along with a check in the amount of $337,967.~ It was noted that at the January 7th meeting the Board reduced the amount of the Nitsch Construction Cost Estimate by $16,500. The Board accepted the surety check from Mr. McLaughlin and signed the Form J.
6:18 p.m. - Homestead subdivision: Owner/Applicant Alice Gonsalves, Raynham, appeared before the Board along with Margaret Ford to discuss the Homestead subdivision plan.~ Ms. Gonsalves explained that she is asking for additional time to have the approved plan endorsed because of problems that arose after the firm that originally prepared the subdivision plan went out of business, and she has not been able to get all the information she needs to proceed with finalizing the plan.~ She said she has become exasperated with the process and is considering withdrawing the plan due to no solution to the problem.
Mr. Andrade discussed that Ms. Gonsalves did have a dilemma and the Board has extended delaying the endorsement in good faith, but, at this point, the plan needs to be signed.~ He noted the plan can be modified if needed after the property is purchased. He noted that delaying endorsement is not good for either the applicant or the Board so the plan has to be signed and recorded.~ Ms. Gonsalves asked when that needed to be done, and Mr. Andrade suggested at the April 7th~meeting. Ms. Gonsalves asked if the plan had to be recorded immediately; Mr. Andrade said yes.~ Ms. Gonsalves asked if there special circumstances that could apply.~ Mr. Andrade it is a Registry of Deeds issue.~ He stated the plan should be signed or withdrawn.
Mr. Fountain suggested Ms. Gonsalves write a letter to the Board stating she wants to withdraw the plan and the Board will vote on it.~ Ms. Gonsalves agreed to do that.
Mr. Fountain asked if the lots on the street were part of the subdivision plan.~ Ms. Gonsalves explained they were ‘frontage lots’ and that she ended up with one more street lot and one less subdivision lot than originally planned.~ She discussed the problems involved in getting water to Lot 9 on Mill Street.~ Mr. Fountain stated he presumed the front lots were not being withdrawn; Ms. Gonsalves stated no, they will not be withdrawn and she is not eliminating those lots.
6:28 p.m. – Doe Run subdivision: Applicant Marie Smith was present to have the approved plan endorsed.~ The Board informed Ms. Smith they signed the mylar copy of the plan earlier.~ It was agreed the plan will be held so Frank Gallagher can pick it up and make copies for the Board.
6:30 p.m. – General Business:
- Mr. Fountain moved to waive the reading and approve the minutes of January 21, February 4, February 18, and March 3, 2016, as received; second by Mr. Teixeira; motion passed 4-0-0.
- Letter dated February 20, 2016, was received from~Jayne E. Ferreira, Brockton, MA, requesting information on obtaining funds for an apartment.~ The Board suggested the letter be forwarded to the Town Administrator and Board of Health as they may have information for Ms. Ferreira.~ Mr. Teixeira discussed possible low income units near City Hall in Taunton.~ He will look into the matter further.
- Mr. Teixeira submitted a letter dated March 8, 2016, from SRPEDD regarding~offers of support for local initiatives.~ He requested the letter be placed in the SRPEDD file.
- Letter dated~February 25, 2016, was received from Karen Reilly, PHM, Raynham Housing Authority.~ Ms. Reilly’s letter asked for an update on when the affordable housing payments as set forth in the Bassett Knoll Estates subdivision approval can be expected for the Housing Authority.~ The Board requested that Mrs. McKenney~contact Ms. Reilly and advise her of the timing of payments as outlined in the Certificate of Action.
- Mr. Teixeira noted he recently talked to Ed Buckley, Highway Superintendent, and Mr. Buckley informed him the Town is not taking the hill out on Mill Street, but they are resurfacing and extending the sidewalk to the corner.
6:30 p.m. – There was no further business, and Mr. Andrade moved to adjourn the meeting; second Mr. Teixeira; motion passed 4-0-0.
Russell Driscoll, Clerk