Skip Navigation
Photos of Raynham
Raynham, Massachusetts.  Incorporated 1731

This table is used for column layout.


UniPay Online Payment Center


Raynham Town Seal
 
Planning Board meeting August 18, 2016
The Raynham Planning Board held~its regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, August 18, 2016, at Raynham Veterans' Memorial Town Hall. The meeting was opened at 6:02 p.m. by Chairman Daniel Andrade.

Board members present:  Daniel Andrade, Burke Fountain, Christopher Gallagher, Russell Driscoll, John Teixeira

Board members not present:  (all present)

Staff present:~ Maureen McKenney, Administrative Assistant; Tim Inacio, Town Planner

6:02 p.m. – Warren St. West subdivision:  Robert Taylor, Easton, MA, appeared before the Board to request the release of project review funds being held for the subdivision.  The subdivision plan allows one buildable house lot with road standards waived.  No consultant review was done on the plan.  Mr. Andrade noted that deeds to this property and the adjacent property have been recorded and if they are not accurate they will need to be corrected.

Mr. Fountain moved to release $2,000 plus interest to close the Warren St. West account; second Mr. Andrade.  Motion passed 4-0-0. (Mr. Gallagher arrived.)

6:05 p.m.  – Mike Hylin of Comcast appeared before the Board to discuss how to better broadcast Board meetings by making plans more visible to those watching the meetings on TV and in the audience.  He noted that a few weeks ago he discussed with Tim Inacio the possibility of using Power Point to better project plans that are the point-of-interest during meetings.  Mr. Hylin noted that Wayne, the camera operator, tries to get the plans being used by the Board on camera but it is difficult to do presently.  He discussed the possibility of using a computer to project the plans on a large screen TV in the meeting room to improve viewing.  Mr. Hylin explained he will have to talk to his Board about the benefits of this idea and if funding to implement it is available.  

Mr. Fountain suggested a permanent TV on a side wall in the meeting room would be a good location for showing plans.  Mr. Hylin explained how a TV or projector screen could work.  Mr. Andrade noted this idea would be beneficial to all Boards not just the Planning Board.  He liked the idea of mounting a screen on the side wall for all the Boards to use.  Mr. Hylin agreed, noting there is no real downside to the idea and Boards can either use or not use the projected plans.   After discussion, Mr. Hylin said he will talk to Randy Buckner and the Selectmen as well as his Board to get the plan in motion.

6:16 p.m. – General Business:  Invoice were signed.

  • Mr. Andrade discussed that there are many old project review accounts that need to be released and Mrs. McKenney is working on doing that.  He moved to release all the accounts presented tonight and to follow through on releasing the others; second Mr. Gallagher.  Motion passed 5-0-0.  It was noted that the whereabouts of the owners of some of the older accounts is not known so the accounts may have to be classified as abandoned property.
  • There was discussion on how to tie the release of funds into occupancy permits and road acceptances in the future so accounts are timely released.
  • The Tri-Party Agreement for Whippoorwill Estates was signed.  The Board also signed to release the cash funds currently being held.  It was noted the Board unanimously voted on the Whippoorwill Estates Tri-Party Agreement and cash release at the previous meeting.  
  • Copy of the Skyline Marble and Granite Certificate of Action was received.
  • No SRPEDD update tonight but it will become a regular agenda item.  Mr. Teixeira briefly discussed the new regional planning zones that may be implemented throughout the State.  Mr. Andrade noted the Board discussed that at a previous meeting but it is unknown yet what, if anything, will happen with that issue.
6:30 p.m.  - Town Planner report

  • Mr. Inacio discussed that he is working on checklists for applicants to use when submitting site plans to the Board.
  • Mr. Gallagher informed that the cross section shown in the Planning Board subdivision regs can be used for an estate lot driveway.  Mr. Andrade said he will look over Mr. Inacio’s memos and checklists and respond afterwards.  
  • Mr. Andrade noted the Board will not have a public hearing in September to put the proposed estate lot by-law on the Special Town Meeting warrant in November but will instead put the by-law on the Annual Town Meeting next May, and will hold a public hearing prior to the Town meeting.  It was noted that the Selectmen and others are okay with the by-law being on the Annual Town Meeting warrant.  
  • Mr. Teixeira said he had asked Mr. Inacio to discuss the latest South Coast rail information.  Mr. Andrade noted the issue has been ongoing for years with nothing done yet.  Mr. Fountain noted the costs have been climbing over the years.  He told about an article he read about the new rail line in Austin, TX,  operating at high costs and a deficit.  (Mr. Gallagher left the meeting.)
  • The approved plan for Tomlin Estates subdivision was signed.
6:38 p.m. – Town Planner update:  

  • Mr. Inacio informed the Board that the GIS on his computer is working.  He discussed that he is working with App Geo on implementing mapping layers for the Town website.
  • Mr. Andrade discussed the road improvements that have been made on Route 44.  He said he would like to see if there is data on accidents that happened on the road.  Mr. Teixeira noted the Rte. 44 intersection was on the Top 10 of bad intersections and SRPEDD may have the information on accidents.
  • Mr. Inacio explained that he is working towards digitizing the Board’s minutes from meetings in past years.  Mr. Andrade said it was not necessary to go back to the time when minutes were handwritten.
There was no further business, and the meeting adjourned at 6:50 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Russell Driscoll, Clerk


 
Town of Raynham 558 South Main St., Raynham, MA 02767
Virtual Towns & Schools Website