The Raynham Planning Board held its regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, May 18, 2017, at Raynham Veterans' Memorial Town Hall. The meeting was opened at 6:08 p.m. by Chairman Daniel Andrade.
Board members present: Daniel Andrade, Burke Fountain, Russell Driscoll, John Teixeira
Board members not present: Christopher Gallagher
Staff present: Maureen McKenney, Administrative Assistant
6:08 p.m. – Bassett Knoll Estates: Lee Castignetti, Long Built Homes, and Nick Harris, Global Construction, appeared before the Board on behalf of Raynham Investment Realty Trust. Mr. Andrade noted that a Tri-Party Agreement for the project was sent to Town Counsel for his review and he had minor changes to be made. Mr. Castignetti stated the changes were made, including inserting the proper bond amount into the agreement.
Mr. Andrade noted the dollar amount had dropped to $507,000, including contingency, after Nitsch reviewed the cost estimates for three items.
Mr. Andrade asked when the document can be signed and notarized so the Board can sign. Mr. Harris stated “tomorrow.”
Mr. Fountain moved to accept the Tri Party Agreement between Claire Harris, Trustee, Raynham Investment Realty Trust, Coastal Heritage Bank and the Town of Raynham, for the amount of $507,637, in accordance with Nitsch Engineering construction cost estimate dated May 15, 2017, and based on Town Counsel recommendation, as written; second by Mr. Driscoll.
Mr. Andrade asked to what date the bond is good. Mr. Castignetti stated it is good to completion. Mr. Andrade instructed that the Board be notified if the Agreement is to expire. Mr. Castignetti said the Agreement is lacking in specificity timewise to benefit the Town. He read from item No. 2, Pg.2, of the Agreement, noting the Board can determine the time.
Mr. Fountain requested the matter be put on the Board’s calendar one year from now in order to review. Vote was taken on the motion; unanimous 4-0-0 to approve.
Mr. Andrade asked if there was a Form J lot release form for the Board to sign tonight. Mr. Castignetti said not tonight and he asked if it need be signed at a meeting. Mr. Andrade said yes. Mr. Fountain said if all the paperwork was in order, the applicant need not attend the meeting for the Board to sign. There was discussion on when the Board will vote on the lot releases. Mr. Andrade noted the Building Inspector has no issues. Mr. Harris asked that the vote be taken tonight. Mr. Castignetti was okay with waiting to the next meeting. Mr. Andrade noted the plan is allowed 20 lots per year. Mr. Castignetti explained that lots in Phase I, Nos. 42 through 61, will be released.
After further discussion, Mr. Andrade moved to release Lots 41 through 61 on Rory Drive when the Board receives the signed and notarized Tri-Party Agreement and all financial matters are resolved with Mr. Iafrate; second by Mr. Fountain. It was noted the Form J can be signed out of a meeting once the vote is taken. Vote was taken on the motion; unanimous vote 4-0-0 to approve.
6:20 p.m. - 748 – 770 New State Highway: E-mail dated May 17, 2017, was received from Halim A. Choubah, P.E., Choubah Engineering Group , requesting a continuance of the public hearing. Applicant or representative was not present. Mr. Driscoll read the hearing notice. No testimony was taken. The public hearing was continued to June 1, 2017, 6:10 p.m.
6:24 p.m. - O’Reilly Auto/147 Broadway site plan: the public hearing was reconvened. E-mail dated May 16, 2017, was received from Randy Miron, P.E., Bohler Engineering, requesting a continuance of the hearing. Applicant or representative was not present. The public hearing was continued to June 1, 2017, 6:20 p.m. No testimony was taken.
Planning Coordinator update: None.
SRPEDD update: None.
- Invoices were paid.
- Mr. Fountain moved to waive the reading and accept minutes of May 4, 2017; second Mr. Driscoll. Motion passed by unanimous vote 4-0-0. Minutes were signed.
- The Town Meeting Report was signed by the Board. It was noted the report was read at the recent Town Meeting.
- Letter to be sent to the Police Chief and the Fire Chief regarding review of street names in new subdivisions was read. Mr. Teixeira requested the words “if possible” be taken out of the letter. Mr. Andrade agreed to do so. Letter will be amended.
- Mr. Andrade noted the owner of property at Sandy Hill Road will be coming in front of the Board to discuss a potential plan for his property.
- It was noted there will be a discussion on Brookside at the next meeting with Larry Silva, P.E. Mr. Andrade briefly discussed the status of Brookside.
- Mr. Fountain read an article from the Los Angeles Times regarding automated cars. There was brief discussion on the cars and the type of parking spaces they may require. No action taken.
There was no further business and the meeting closed at 6:55 p.m.
Russell Driscoll, Clerk