All Town property owners must apply in person at the Fire Station located at 37 Orchard Street Raynham, MA.
The Permit for Fires in Open Air are issued to Owners (or their designees) of their property in Raynham by the Forest Warden who is the Chief of the Raynham Fire Department.
Permits are issued under the following agreement:
Burning shall only be allowed between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Permit is for the purpose of burning brush only
- Burning will only be allowed if a permit has been issued by the Raynham Fire Department.
- Permission to burn must be obtained from the department for each day of burning by calling: (508) 824-2754 (this is a prerecorded message)
- Burning season is only from January 15th, 2017 until May 1st, 2017.
- The Forest Warden may revoke any permit at any time.
- The permit does not release any party from any liability for damages.
- The person setting the fire shall have sufficient help present to control the fire, and the fire shall not be left unattended until entirely extinguished.
- Burning must be at least 75 feet from all dwelling units on the land proximate to the place of generation without causing a nuisance.
- Burning shall be limited to the disposal of brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris - excluding grass, hay, leaves and stumps.
- Open burning may be halted at any time due to weather conditions.