KEEPER OF VITAL RECORDS: ***
- Birth Records: $10 (long form only)
- Marriage Intentions*: $35 (Effective 1/2/14)
- Marriage Records: $10
- Death Records: $10
- Correction of Record of Birth, Marriage, Death: $25
- Record of Birth Outside of the Commonwealth: $25
*** All certified copies of vital records must be ordered one day in advance
PUBLIC RECORDS ACCESS OFFICER
INFORMATION FOR OBTAINING A MARRIAGE LICENSE:
You must both apply in person (with identification please) for a marriage license. This is called filing marriage intentions.
A marriage license is good for 60 days from the day the marriage intentions are filed.
There is a 3-day waiting period from the date you file your marriage intentions before the marriage license may be picked up. The fee for filing marriage intentions will be $35 effective Jan. 2, 2014.
Medical Certificates are no longer required in Massachusetts.
Fees for the following effective 7/1/2012
- Extracts of Voter Activities on a CD for State and Town Election: $25 (CD to be provided by the person requesting the information)
- Business Certificates (certificate expires 4 years from date of issue): $40
- Business Certificate Renewals: $20
Links for Vital Records:
- Registry of Vital Records and Statistics - Basic information site about ordering certified copies, hours of operation, etc.
- Specific questions about examination of records, genealogical research facilities, etc. – call 617-740-2600 or click here to email.
- VitalChek - Information on ordering certified copies of vital records from other jurisdictions